EWS Youth Band
The Eastern Wind Symphony Youth Band serves to artistically engage talented young musicians through the exploration and performance of high quality wind band literature while promoting musical growth, educating students about the history of the wind band medium, and encouraging social and emotional growth.
Our goal is to give talented students a venue for performing a variety of advanced wind band repertoire while supporting the educational goals of New Jersey’s school music programs.
The youth band will perform a minimum of two concerts each year. Rehearsals and performances will take place at the school of music at a central New Jersey location.
Students in the EWS Youth Band will deepen their personal musicianship through the performance of some of the greatest wind band repertoire available. Educational opportunities include:
- Learning some of the greatest wind band repertoire available
- Enhancing advanced ensemble skills
- Performing with talented and advanced peers
- Clinics with the guest performers of the Eastern Wind Symphony (past performers have included Stanley Drucker, Phil Smith, and Joe Alessi)
- Coaching from members of the Eastern Wind Symphony
- Side-by-side rehearsals with Eastern Wind Symphony members
- Master classes with musicians renowned in their field of performance.
Students will be under the direction of Adam Warshafsky, the assistant conductor of the Eastern Wind Symphony. Students will also work regularly with Todd Nichols, the artistic director of the Eastern Wind Symphony, as well as a number of very accomplished sectional coaches.
For any questions regarding the EWS Youth Band, please contact Adam Warshafsky at email@example.com.