Youth Band Auditions
Auditions are open to any students who meet the following criteria:
- Students who will be in grades 9 through 12 during the 2018 – 2019 school year.
- Students who play wind or percussion instruments (including string bass).
- Students must be in good standing with their high school music program and receive the endorsement of their high school music teacher (or private teacher if a school music program is not available).
- All EWS Youth Band members from a previous year are welcome back to the group for the current season, but must still register for an audition to determine seating requirements.
- January 26, 2019
- February 2, 2019
- 2 contrasting excerpts of your choice (each should be 1-2 minutes long)
- Major scales up to 5 sharp/flats
- Chromatic Scale
TUITION AND FEES
- There is a non-refundable $15 audition fee for all students. This is payable at the time of the audition, by cash or check (made out to EWS).
- For those students accepted into the ensemble, the annual tuition is $310.
To request an audition, please complete the form below. Once information has been submitted and reviewed, you will be contacted to schedule an audition time. Auditions for the 2018-19 concert season will be held on January 26 and February 2, 2019. You will be contacted to schedule a time, date, and location once you have submitted your form.