We are currently accepting applications for auditions for our spring 2017 season! The Eastern Wind Symphony Youth Band will be holding open auditions for all sections on Feb. 11 and 25, 2017 at Hillsborough High School in NJ from 9:30-12:30. Please see registration information below to sign up for an audition. If you would like to audition but are unavailable on this date, please contact us for an alternate audition appointment at firstname.lastname@example.org
Auditions are open to any students who meet the following criteria:
- Students who will be in grades 9 through 12 during the 2016 – 2017 school year.
- Students who play wind or percussion instruments.
- Students must be in good standing with their high school music program and receive the endorsement of their high school music teacher (or private teacher if a school music program is not available).
- If you are an EWS Youth Band member from a previous year you are welcome back to the group for the current season, but you must still register for an audition to determine seating requirements.
- 2 contrasting excerpts of your choice (each should be 1-2 minutes long)
- Major scales up to 5 sharp/flats
- Chromatic Scale
Tuition and Fees
- There is a non-refundable $15 audition fee for all students. This is payable through paypal when filling out the audition application. If the student does not complete the audition for any reason, the amount will be refunded, minus paypal fees.
- For those students accepted into the ensemble, the annual tuition is $310.
To request an audition, please follow these steps:
1. Click here to complete and submit the audition request form. For those who wish to audition on multiple instruments, you must submit a request form for each instrument separately.
2. Once information has been submitted and reviewed, we will contact you the week before auditions to schedule an audition time.
3. Use this button to pay the audition fee ($15) at the time you complete the Registration form. If you are auditioning on more than one instrument, only one fee is required. If you do not pay online, you will be expected to bring the fee at the time of the audition. If you do not complete the audition, the fee will be refunded. (All auditions require payment of the audition fee, including returning members auditioning for seating placement.)